CARMEL CITY CENTER
Carmel City Center is a one million square foot, multi-use project in the heart of Carmel, Indiana. The project is one piece of a master planned redevelopment of downtown Carmel; inspired and led by Carmel’s
Mayor Jim Brainard and overseen by the Carmel Redevelopment Commission. Carmel City Center is a planned multi-use development project that has become Carmel’s new downtown. This most extraordinary city center offers a lifestyle that includes luxury residences, exceptional retail shops and dining, an elegant cultural village and an oasis of activity, recreation and renewal.
Patriot’s Duties for this project included:
- Scope of services description: Auger Cast Pile installation observations for pile length, grout ratio, cage reinforcing steel, penetration rate, withdraw rate and stroke count, grout head and grout pressure
- Pile load test observations for compression and tension to verify piles are capable to design loads – read dial gages and strain gages
- Concrete testing for slump, air content, temperature, compressive strength and verification of use of required design mix and concrete placement
- Reinforcing steel observation for size, location, grade, lapping, spacing, clearance, adequate ties, supports, bars clean.
- Field Density (compaction) testing for verifying compaction meets site specifications and monitoring lift thicknesses and verifying backfill material is clean
- Structural Steel inspections for visual bolts, visual welds, ultrasonic testing on welds and steel decking weld inspections
- On-site field supervisor for testing coordination
- On-site concrete laboratory for compression strength