Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
Senior Construction Materials Field Testing Technician/Inspector
Patriot Engineering and Environmental, Inc – Nashville, TN
Patriot Engineering and Environmental, Inc is a diverse engineering firm providing geotechnical, environmental, and construction material testing services and consultation to commercial, industrial, and governmental clients. Patriot provides the specific information you need to make informed, cost-effective business decisions; which will help you reduce net cost, decrease risk and improve the quality of your organization’s project outcome.
- Perform a variety of tests on construction materials including soils, reinforcing steel, sand, aggregates, concrete, asphalt and other mixes and other materials using sophisticated materials-testing equipment.
- Test results must be communicated onsite as work is performed and recorded in daily reports via wireless tablet.
- Ability to act as a lead worker and organize, prioritize, direct, and monitor the work of testing aides; promote, establish, and maintain effective working relationships
- Write and speak in a manner that is easily understood, and listen to or read and understand what is said or written
- Operate a motor vehicle and maintain a driver license free of restrictions that would interfere with employment
- Use a personal computer; operate a two-way radio, cell phone and pager; see well enough to read instruments in the course of performing inspections and laboratory testing
- Stand or walk for prolonged periods, to walk on hilly or uneven ground, bend the knees and back, climb up and down stairs and ladders to the second story, and lift objects weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to transport testing equipment (wheelbarrow, density gauge, etc.) when required (mileage reimbursed).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Working knowledge of computer spreadsheet and word processing programs .
- Ability to perform and understand basic mathematical procedures and use measurement devices and tools.
Specific experience requirements with this positions include:
2 to 5 years minimum testing experience
Required license or certification:
- ACI Level I
- Others a plus