Patriot Engineering and Environmental, Inc. ( Patriot ) is a privately-owned engineering consulting firm established in 1995 with offices throughout the Midwest. Patriot currently has a staff approximately 200 professionals. Patriot is a diverse engineering firm providing geotechnical engineering, environmental, and construction materials testing services and consultation to commercial, industrial, and governmental clients.
Patriot is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer . Candidates must have a BS or MS in civil engineering.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Executing geotechnical engineering projects from start to finish
- Developing field exploration and laboratory testing plans for geotechnical engineering investigations
- Preparing proposals for geotechnical engineering services
- Coordinating/managing field investigations
- Sampling and logging soils and rock during field investigations
- Research, engineering analysis and preparation of geotechnical engineering reports
- Tracking budgets and schedule to ensure project requirements are met
- Review of foundation plans and grading plans for conformance with geotechnical engineering investigation reports
- Collaborating with various other consultants including civil engineers, structural engineers, architects, and construction managers
- Understanding and working familiarity with computer programs, geotechnical engineering software and databases as required
- Core work hours will be Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm with overtime as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Only Qualified Candidates Should Apply.
- Engineer in Training EIT or Engineering Intern EI (required), Professional Engineer, PE (desired)
- BS in Civil Engineering required; MS with a Geotechnical Engineering focus strongly preferred
- Educational emphasis on Soils Mechanics, Foundations, Geotechnical Engineering and Civil Engineering
- Professional-level written, and oral communications skills are necessary
- Growth opportunities abound. We are a diverse engineering company with a variety of career paths and opportunities for both technical and business-oriented applicants
Pay, Hours and Benefits
- Salary position. Salary commensurate with experience
- Full-time benefits package includes: health, dental, disability, profit sharing, 401k, stock options, vacation, & personal leave
Initial Applicant Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- Acceptable driving record
- Drug screen & background check
- Transcripts from University, Diploma and EI or PE verification
- Engineering: 1 year – 5 years
Required license or certification:
- EI, Fundamentals of Engineering exam certificate