Patriot Engineering and Environmental Inc. (Patriot) is looking to expand their Dayton Office and is seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist/Asbestos Professional to perform the following duties:
- Comprehensive environmental consulting and/or engineering that includes planning, data assessment, reporting, travel and field work, and/or sample collection.
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
- Assist with review, evaluation, and interpretation of environmental data and prepare technical reports.
- Interact and communicate with clients, vendors, and staff at all levels in a professional manner.
- Assist with preparation of cost proposals.
- Follow Patriot’s Quality Assurance policy.
- Adhere to and promote Patriot’s health and safety and loss prevention procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or other Natural Science.
- 3 to 7 years of experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Accredited Licensed Asbestos Inspector (KY & OH)
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Knowledge of RCRA, CERCLA, OSHA and other federal regulations
- Travel when needed for field work, with working hours more than 40 per week and weekends, as needed.
- General Indoor Air Quality and Industrial Hygiene experience (i.e. mold, VOCs, Lead, etc.)
- Ohio Asbestos Accredited Project Designer
- Ohio Asbestos Accredited Management Planner
- Ohio Department of Health Lead Inspector
- Ohio Department of Health Lead Risk Assessor
- EPA and Ohio Licensed Radon Professional
Patriot Engineering and Environmental, Inc. employs 200 engineers, technicians and scientists across the Midwest. Patriot’s Ohio regional offices serve clients across Ohio, Eastern Indiana and Northern Kentucky. Patriots’ full breadth of services are available from Cincinnati and Dayton Offices, including geotechnical drilling and subsurface studies, environmental site assessments, industrial permitting, remedial design and oversight, construction material testing and inspection. One of our many AMRL, CCRL, DOT, and USACE validated laboratories is located in our Ohio offices. Come talk to us about joining our team.
The available position is salaried, with benefits including health, dental, disability, profit sharing, 401(k), vacation, & personal leave.