A warm Congratulations to Patriot’s Environmental Compliance Manager, David W. Servies, for passing the exam to become a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC). This certification is the only professional certification recognized by the EPA whose professional are designated as qualified to prepare stormwater pollution plans (SWPPPs) (envirocertintl.org).
Dave is also a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) and has over 30 years of professional experience providing environmental regulatory compliance for air, water and land medias. We are proud to have Dave on our team and wish him many more years of success here at Patriot Engineering!
What can a CPESC do for your project?
Are any of your project sites subdivisions, commercial sites, parks, other recreational areas, mixed use developments, highways, transmission lines (power, oil, gas), farms, forests and surface mines?
If you answered YES to the above question, a CPESC will be a valuable member of your team! We can be a resource to ensure your project will run according to regulation and be permitted efficiently and perform exceptionally.
With a CPESC, Patriot can be your go-to for subjects including but not limited to:
- Regulations – Federal, State & Local
- Permitting – types, authorities and methods
- Permitting application requirements for – municipalities, construction activity and industrial activity
- Erosion & Sediment Site Planning and Management including: resource planning, hazards associated with urban development, land development plans, scheduling and implementation
- Predicting Soil Loss – via the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE) and the Modified Universal Soil Loss Equation (MUSLE)
- Procedures for estimating Gross Erosion including: sheet, total and wind erosion
- Runoff Management Planning and the associated equations and considerations to address: soil permeability, precipitation and hydrologic cycle
- Soil Stabilization Mechanisms (Erosion Control) including: vegetation, bio-technical protection, soil tackifiers and stabilizers, turf reinforcement mats, hydraulically applied erosion control products, erosion control blankets and other related technologies.